MentorCloud's Web Worthy series is a curated list of the best mentoring articles and stories from the past week. Check in every Thursday for inspiration, guidance, and practical advice on everything related to mentoring!
How a mentor helps you find the better version of yourself by Stacia Pierce via Fortune
- "A good mentor will give you guidance, but also hold you accountable for your successes and failures. Accountability is the best inspiration because it keeps you working at a higher level–you won’t want to disappoint yourself or your mentor."
Life After Mentorship by Kate Everson via Chief Learning Officer
- "Participants in mentorships have to recognize when the relationship is dying and transition smoothly into its afterlife. Not only does this help mentors and mentees move on to other experiences, but it also keeps an organization from fostering dependent employees."
51 Set to Graduate from Judge Judy's Her Honor Mentoring Program by Alfred Branch via White Plains Patch
- “ 'It is my profound wish that having had the experience of Her Honor Mentoring will help these fine young women become the heroes of their own stories,' ” said Judge Sheindlin in a statement."
Mentoring for Productivity by Randy Emelo via Association for Talent Development
- "Savvy organizations have started using mentoring as a productivity tool, going well beyond its traditional role as a personal development tool geared toward career moves and career advancement."
Why Boomers Make The Best Mentors by John Tarnoff via Huffington Post The Blog
- "We've seen success work from many angles, so our wisdom helps us tailor our mentorship in the most appropriate and effective way, ensuring a more resonant and enduring experience for our mentee."