MentorCloud's Web Worthy series is a curated list of the best mentoring articles and stories from the past week. Check in every Thursday for inspiration, guidance, and practical advice on everything related to mentoring!
- What does a Mentor do and why do I need one? by Paul Greenwood via Arizona Daily Sun
- “Certainly there are no guarantees you’ll always make the best choice, but having a mentor is an avenue to making informed decisions that give you greater confidence in achieving a positive outcome.”
- Mile High Club: British Airways Offers Mentoring At 35,000 Feet by David Prosser via Forbes
- “ ‘We know that doing business face-to-face results in tangible commercial benefits and stronger relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues, and out research bears that out,” he says. “It’s why we think this mentoring flight will be a real benefit to the winners – it’ll give them access to some brilliant thinkers in business development and like-minded company owners.’ ”
- What No One Tells You About Seeking A Mentor for Your Startup by Rahul Varshneya via Entrepreneur
- “From the experience I've accrued in working with these mentors, as well as mentoring many startup entrepreneurs myself, I’ve realized this is something you can’t really do without. You need experts to help you with insights and with options that best resolve your challenges.”
In addition to bringing you to the best articles on mentoring each week, MentorCloud's Web Worthy series will be sharing two articles featuring key business insights from some of the top publications. This week's insights address social media marketing techniques.
- 5 Facebook Marketing Tips To Promote Your Local Business by Priya Florence Shah via Business 2 Community
- “From page responsiveness to Place Tips, local businesses can now make better use of their Facebook presence to reach out to their customers, prove their reliability and provide better customer service.”
- Using Social Media Listening To Enhance Your Online Marketing Strategies by Jack Dawson via Fourth Score
- “Currently, social media is the largest audience you can target with a single advertisement, especially if the demographic you are targeting includes active internet users.”