MentorCloud's Web Worthy series is a curated list of the best mentoring articles and stories from the past week. Check in every Thursday for inspiration, guidance, and practical advice on everything related to mentoring!
- Here's How to Mentor Millennials by Ken Rabow via Huffington Post Living
- “Find someone you trust and believe in to train you and your mentoring partner and begin a tiny revolution! It shall grow.”
- Why You Need a Different Mentor at Every Step in Your Career by David Lumb via Fast Company
- “There are certain variables that someone looks for in a mentor that change as you get older. The nature of who your mentor is almost certainly changes over time."
- Why Mentor Programs Fail. The Play by Play Breakdown by Ringo Nishioka via Business2Company
- “Through no fault of their own, most participants never realize the true potential of a mentor relationship.”
In addition to bringing you to the best articles on mentoring each week, MentorCloud's Web Worthy series will be sharing two articles featuring key business insights from some of the top publications. This week's insights address employee engagement.
- Peers hold key to employee engagement, not HR by Jo Faragher via Personnel Today
- “ ‘Employees feel engaged by their peers and HR can help encourage this by providing access to sharing and collaboration platforms and social tools.’ “
- The Engagement Gap: why executives and employees think differently about employee engagement by Brian Solis via Linkedin Pulse
- “For many reasons, stakeholders underestimate the importance of, or misunderstands the practice of, employee engagement and what’s needed to cultivate a productive and even desirable culture.”