Web Worthy: A Weekly Mentoring Roundup (July 17 – July 23)
MentorCloud’s Web Worthy series is a curated list of the best mentoring articles and stories from the past week. Check in every Thursday for inspiration, guidance, and practical advice on everything related to mentoring!
- Power of Mentoring for Social Change by Eli Wolff and Dr. Mary Hums via The Huffington Post
- “A mentor must care about the people he or she is mentoring, not only about a specific issue or topic, but more broadly must care about mentees as whole persons.”
- Faculty Mentors Honored with Lifetime Achievement Awards by Mitzi Baker via University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- “You have to be generous with information, opportunities and resources and also rigorously push mentees to produce quality work”
- The Missing Ingredient in Britain’s Tech Start-Ups? Mentoring by Chris Ciauri via Huffington Post UK
- “Across all these initiatives, one thing is clear: if we want the next generation of tech entrepreneurs to be successful, it is vital that everyone in the industry – at every stage in their career – steps up to get involved in mentoring programmes on both sides – mentor and mentee.”
In addition to bringing you to the best articles on mentoring each week, MentorCloud’s Web Worthy series will be sharing two articles featuring key business insights from some of the top publications. This week’s insights address leadership.
- 3 Ways to Tweak What You’re Doing Anyway to Generate More Leads by Brett Relander via Entrepreneur
- “Once people are familiar with you, they will naturally seek out your paid services and products.”
- 10 Successful Tips for Lead Generation Using Technology by Warren Knight via Business 2 Community
- “It is estimated that more than 80% of the leads which get passed to a salesperson are rarely ever contacted.”