Web Worthy: A Weekly Mentoring Roundup (August 7 – August 13)
MentorCloud’s Web Worthy series is a curated list of the best mentoring articles and stories from the past week. Check in every Thursday for inspiration, guidance, and practical advice on everything related to mentoring!
- Becoming a Mentor: How and Why by Julia VanDeren via CFA Institute
- “…mentoring another professional requires you to exercise and develop leadership skills that can help you stand out.”
- ‘Shark Tank’ Investor Robert Herjavec Explains What a ‘Mentorship’ Means to Him by Rachel Sugar via Business Insider
- “Instead of a single, formal relationship — the seeming gold standard of mentorship — Herjavec recalls a roster of people who have ‘offered advice or a sounding board along the way.’ And those people are mentors, too, even if they’re not standing coffee dates.”
- 4 Ways to Get Anyone — Even Your Heroes — to Be Your Mentor by Josh Steimle via Entrepreneur
- “…don’t let your idea of what mentoring has to look like keep you from getting advice from your seemingly untouchable heroes.”
In addition to bringing you to the best articles on mentoring each week, MentorCloud’s Web Worthy series shares two articles featuring key business insights from some of the top publications. This week’s business insights discuss entrepreneurship.
- What the Companies on the Inc. 5000 All Have in Common by Leigh Buchanan via Inc.
- “For the past couple of decades, founders and academics have debated whether entrepreneurship can be taught. It’s a futile argument. Entrepreneurship is being taught.”
- Entrepreneurship In Unexpected Places: An Interview with Vithika Yadav of Love Matters by Carrie Rich via Huffington Post
- “What happens when women pursue entrepreneurship in unexpected places?”