Web Worthy: A Weekly Mentoring Roundup (August 14 – August 20)
MentorCloud’s Web Worthy series is a curated list of the best mentoring articles and stories from the past week. Check in every Thursday for inspiration, guidance, and practical advice on everything related to mentoring!
- 3 Different Kinds of Mentorship: Peer, Traction, Coach by Cheryl Yeoh via Linkedin Pulse
- “When I look back at my early startup days, many people went out of their way to support me, often times for nothing in return because they liked my grit and passion as an entrepreneur.”
- Opinion: “Staying Active” after Retirement: Consider Mentorship by Barbara Gastel via The Scientist Magazine
- “In particular, serving as a mentor can allow one to keep contributing professionally after retirement and to stay intellectually and interpersonally engaged with science.”
- Sylvia Garner: What I learned as a mentor by Sylvia Garner via Florida Today
- “I walked away from every mentoring sessions feeling that I’d learned just as much as the mentees.”
In addition to bringing you to the best articles on mentoring each week, MentorCloud’s Web Worthy series will be sharing two articles featuring key business insights from some of the top publications. This week’s insights address constructing a marketing plan.
- How to Create a Marketing Plan via Entrepreneur
- “Developing the plan is the “heavy lifting” of marketing. While executing the plan has its challenges, deciding what to do and how to do it is marketing’s greatest challenge.”
- 5 Lessons B2B Marketers Can Learn From B2C by Marc Jadoul via Business 2 Community
- “The most attentive listeners (or the most active question askers) in the room are often not always the ones who own the budget. Try to identify upfront who has the real decision power and draw a power-map of your audience.”