Web Worthy: A Weekly Mentoring Roundup (August 28 – September 3)
MentorCloud’s Web Worthy series is a curated list of the best mentoring articles and stories from the past week. Check in every Thursday for inspiration, guidance, and practical advice on everything related to mentoring!
- You’re Mentoring Wrong — Why It’s a Two-Way Street by Whitney Johnson via LinkedIn Pulse
- “The highest form of respect you can pay a person is to listen to and act on their advice. Not always, of course, but consistently.”
- Mentoring Makes a Comeback – Says Much About the Wisdom of Millennials by Alec Hogg via BizNews.com
- “They regard mentoring and sponsorship as a natural part of career development.”
- Hire the Right People and Mentor Them to Be Leaders: Snapcart Co-founder by Anisa Menur via e27co
- “ ‘Leadership is about mentoring people to be a leader, rather than trying to be a leader (your)self.’ “
In addition to bringing you to the best articles on mentoring each week, MentorCloud’s Web Worthy series will be sharing two articles featuring key business insights from some of the top publications. This week’s insights address business decision making.
- The 7 Styles of Decision-Making by Darrah Brustein via Entrepreneur
- “ ‘Understanding how you make decisions is the starting point to making a more informed decision in the future.’ “
- How to Make Decisions More Efficiently via Fast Company
- “When a decision is made is much more important than what decision is made.”