Web Worthy: A Weekly Mentoring Roundup (September 11 – September 17)
MentorCloud’s Web Worthy series is a curated list of the best mentoring articles and stories from the past week. Check in every Thursday for inspiration, guidance, and practical advice on everything related to mentoring!
- Girls in Tech launches mentoring programme for women in IT by Clare McDonald via Computer Weekly
- “The Girls in Tech Mentoring Programme celebrates and supports the women tech talent we have, instead of discussing the tech talent it lacks.”
- Reverse Mentoring via ABC News Brisbane
- “There are currently four generations sharing the working landscape. A growing trend in managing this is called reverse mentoring.”
- The Ultimate Guide to Finding a Mentor by James Altucher via Alley Watch
- “Over-deliver on everything. Look for every opportunity to over-deliver.”
In addition to bringing you to the best articles on mentoring each week, MentorCloud’s Web Worthy series will be sharing two articles featuring key business insights from some of the top publications. This week’s insights address developing your strengths in the workplace.
- 5 Insights For Introverts Who Want To Thrive In The Workplace by Susan Cain via Huffington Post Small Business
- “You do not need to change; you only need a way to advertise your true strengths in a way that speaks to potential employers.”
- Don’t Waste Time Fixing Your Weaknesses by Ian Altman via Forbes
- “Let’s face it, you are going to be happier and more engaged when you showcase your strengths compared to struggling through your less proficient talents.”