MentorCloud's Web Worthy series is a curated list of the past week's best mentoring articles and stories. Check-in every Thursday for inspiration, guidance, and practical advice on everything related to mentoring! The Takeaway:
- What's the Difference Between a Coach and a Mentor? by Kelli Richards via Ellevate Network via Forbes "No matter your stage, both mentors and coaches can be valuable resources. What's the Difference between the two? How do you know which is needed?"
- When mentoring turns toxic by Lorraine Duffy Merkl via Quartz, "You want to have multiple sources of mentoring, without being a pest to people," Gandz tells the paper. "You don't want to be the mentoring equivalent of my cocker spaniel— ‘Please, please, please, pay attention to me!'"
- Emerging Leaders: Four types of questions to ask your mentor by Jo Miller via The Gazette "By preparing a new variation of each one of these four questions before every mentoring conversation, you can all but guarantee that you'll have interesting conversations for years to come."
In addition to bringing, you to the best articles on mentoring each week, MentorCloud's Web Worthy series will be sharing two articles featuring key business insights from some of the top publications. This week's insights address candidate interviews. The Takeaway:
- 7 Questions Only the Smartest Job Candidates Ask by Jeff Haden via Inc. "The best candidates ask questions they want you to answer because, in effect, they're interviewing your company and evaluating whether they want to work for you."
- How Hosting Great Interviews Can Boost Your Recruitment Strategy by Matt Mickiewicz via Fast Company "If you truly think of interviewing as an extension of your marketing and branding efforts, you'll start to treat every candidate who comes through your doors the same way you would a valuable customer or prospective partner."