MentorCloud's Web Worthy series is a curated list of the best mentoring articles and stories from the past week. Check in every Thursday for inspiration, guidance, and practical advice on everything related to mentoring! The Takeaway:
- Need to mentor young talent: Ratan Tata via The Hindu “ ‘E-commerce is the new trend in Indian commerce. I believe that young Indian entrepreneurs need to be encouraged, and there is need to mentor young talent. This segment is emerging and should be supported.’ ”
- Multicultural Teens Learn About Career Options in Corporate Mentoring Program via TAPinto.net “ ‘Never let your gender, the color of your skin, your religion, or your wherewithal get in the way of what you want to do.’ ”
- 6 ways to find the best mentor via Metro " ‘Mentorship is about having goals and finding a person who has experience, can share knowledge, and give advice to someone who's less experienced," she says. "They're basically role models; somebody who's been there, done that, and can support you, encourage you, and give suggestions.’ "
- The accidental mentor: why we should all help other women climb the ladder via The Guardian “In reality, far from being in it just for themselves, a huge number of successful women are helping other women climb the career ladder. Mentoring and sponsoring are the buzzwords of modern business.”
- Finding a good mentor is one of the best career strategies by Kim Thompson via SFGate “When thinking about who would make a good mentor, consider people who not only are more knowledgeable in a certain area, but will inspire you and challenge you to grow.”