Last Revised on March 18, 2019
- WEB SITES COVERED
The Service is currently provided through the Websites identified with the following urls (uniform resource locators): http://www.mentorcloud.com and http://X.mentorcloud.com (where “X” is the name of the organization for whom We provide Our platform, pursuant to separately executed forms and agreements).
Our Websites may contain links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the information practices or the content of such other Web sites. We encourage You to review the privacy statements of other Websites to understand their information practices.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may require You to provide Us with financial qualification and billing information, (“Billing Information”). Required Information, Billing Information, and other Information collected by Our Websites are referred to collectively as “Data About Our Customers.” As You navigate Our Web sites, We may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons (“Web Site Navigational Information”). Web Site Navigational Information includes standard information from Your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language), Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions You take on the Company’s Web sites (such as the Web pages vieWed and the links clicked).
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy online and meeting the requirements of the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and any applicable state laws. This Site is only intended for users above the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect information from children. If You are not 18 years of age, please do not register for or use Our Service. If/when We discover that You are not 18 years of age, We will de-register You and not allow You to use Our Service.
- USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use Data About MentorCloud Customers to perform the Service requested. For example, if You fill out a “Contact Me” Web form, the Company will use the information provided to contact You about Your interest in the Service. By filling in this Web form, You are authorizing Us to store and use Your information to contact You. Do not fill in the form if You do not want Us to contact You using Your information.
We are an online service dedicated to helping individuals grow personally and professionally. The personally identifiable information (“PII”). PII is comparable to Personal Data, as defined in the GDPR, as defined below. The PII that You choose to provide on Our Website is used to help describe You to other Users. Other information, that does not personally identify You as an individual, is collected by Us from Users (such as, for example, patterns of utilization) and is exclusively owned by Us. This information can be utilized by Us in such a manner as We, in Our sole discretion, deem appropriate. If You do not want Us to use Your PII, do not provide it to Us.
We will oftentimes communicate with You through email and notices posted on Our Websites or through other means available through the Serviceand other forms of messaging. By using Our Service, You agree to receive emails and other messages from Us with respect to Our Service. If We send any communications to You via a carrier with which You have a mobile communications subscription or otherwise have access, You understand that You will pay any service fees associated with any such access. Please be aware that You will receive certain emails from Us related to the Service, such as email notices when another User sends You a note. You may at any time ask Us not to email You. We will stop doing so, but note that We may not be able to continue to provide Our Service if You do so.
We may also use Data About MentorCloud Customers for marketing purposes. For example, the Company may use information You provide to Us to contact You to further discuss Your interest in the Service and to send You information regarding the Company and its partners, such as information about promotions or events. If You don’t want to receive such marketing information, simply tell us not to send such information to You and We will stop. You may opt out of any such emails at any time simply by telling us not to send them.
Information provided to Us may also be used to personalize Your experience on Our Websites. For example, when You login to certain pages of Your account, We will display the names and profile pictures of other people, who belong to the same community as You. We may also provide information specific to the information You have shared with us. If You don’t want Us to do so, don’t provide Us with such information. If you want us to delete such information, just ask us to do so.
We use Web Site Navigational Information to operate and improve the Company’s web sites. The Company may also use Web Site Navigational Information alone or in combination with Data About MentorCloud Customers to provide personalized information about the Company. If You don’t want Us to do So simply ask Us to stop doing so.
- WEB SITE NAVIGATIONAL INFORMATION
We use commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons, to collect information as You navigate the Company’s Web sites (“Web Site Navigational Information”). This section describes the types of Web Site Navigational Information that may be collected on the Company’s Web sites and how this information may be used.
If You have chosen to identify Yourself to Us, the Company uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the Company to uniquely identify You. Each time You log into the Service, a session cookie containing an encrypted, unique identifier that is tied to Your account is placed in Your browser. These session cookies allow the Company to uniquely identify You when You are logged into the Service and to process Your online transactions and requests. Session cookies are required to use the Service.
We may use information from session in combination with Data About MentorCloud Customers to provide You with information about the Company and the Service. If You don’t want Us to use such information, please let Us know and We will stop using such information.
Due to communications standards for the Internet, when You visit Our Web sites, We automatically receive the URL of the site from which You came and the site to which You are going when You leave Our Websites. We also receive the Internet protocol (IP) address of Your computer (or the proxy server You use to access the World Wide Web), Your computer operating system and type of Web browser You are using, email patterns, as Well as the name of Your ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help us improve Our Service. The linkage between Your IP address and Your personally identifiable information is not shared with third-parties without Your permission or except when required by law.
- WEB BEACONS
We use Web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about Customers and Visitors’ usage of the Company’s Web sites and interaction with emails from the Company. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on Your computer, such as cookies, when You viewed a particular Web site tied to the Web beacon, and a description of a Web site tied to the Web beacon. For example, We may place Web beacons in marketing emails that notify the Company when You click on a link in the email that directs You to one of the Company’s Web sites. We use Web beacons to operate and improve the Company’s Web sites and email communications.
We may use information from Web beacons in combination with Data About MentorCloud Customers to provide You with information about the Company and the Service. If You don’t want Us to use such information, please let Us know and We will stop using such information.
- FLASH COOKIES
We use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store Your preferences or display content based upon what You view on Our site to personalize Your visit. Third parties, with whom the Company partners to provide certain features on Our site or to display advertising based upon Your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information.
Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by Your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here
- IP ADDRESSES
When You visit Our Web sites, the Company collects Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information. For example, We use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which Customers and Visitors navigate the Company’s Web sites.
- THIRD PARTY COOKIES
From time-to-time, We may engage third parties to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from individuals who visit the Company’s Web sites.
- YOUR OBLIGATIONS
- PUBLIC FORUMS, REFER A FRIEND, AND CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS
We may provide forums, blogs, or chat rooms on the Company’s Web sites. Any personal information You choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send You unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information You choose to submit in these forums.
Customers and Visitors may elect to use the Company’s referral program, as applicable now or in the future, to inform friends about the Company’s Web sites. When using the referral program, the Company requests the friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Company’s Web sites. We do not store this information.
When we post a list of Customers and testimonials on the Company’s Web sites that contain information such as Customer names and titles, we obtain the consent of each Customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
- SHARING OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Unless described in this privacy statement, We do not share, sell, rent, or trade any information provided with third parties for their promotional purposes.
From time to time, We may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or Service. If You purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product or service from Us, the Company may share Data About MentorCloud Customers collected in connection with Your purchase or expression of interest with Our joint promotion partner(s). We do not control Our business partners’ use of the Data About MentorCloud Customers We collect, and their use of the information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. If You do not wish for Your information to be shared in this manner, You may opt not to purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service.
We may, as appropriate, use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing when required. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on the Company’s behalf.
We reserve the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if the Company reasonably believes that use or disclosure is necessary to protect the Company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
To facilitate Our global operations, We may transfer and access Data About Our Customers from around the world, including the United States and Europe. This Privacy Statement shall apply even if MentorCloud transfers Data About Our Customers to other countries.
- COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
We offer Customers and Visitors who provide contact information a means to choose how the Company uses the information provided. You may manage Your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the Company’s marketing emails. Additionally, You may send a request specifying Your communications preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with Us or Our Service.
- CORRECTING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
Customers may update or change their profile information. To discontinue Your account, please email email@example.com. Requests to access, change, or delete Your information will be handled within 30 days.
- CUSTOMER DATA
We use robust security measures to protect Customer Data from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of Customer Data. When the Service are accessed using Internet Explorer version 6.0 or later, Firefox version 2.0 or later, or Safari version 3.0 or later, Secure Socket Layer (.SSL.) technology protects Customer Data using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that Customer Data is safe, secure, and only available to the Customer to whom the information belongs and those to whom the Customer has granted access. Customers are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of their usernames and passwords on Our Websites. Because We use the Service to maintain Data About Our Customers, this information is secured in the same manner as described above for Customer Data.
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
You should check this Policy frequently for any changes. We reserve the right to modify or amend the terms of Our Policy from time to time and You will be notified of such changes by notifications on the Websites, by sending You emails informing You of such changes, or by any other reasonable means. Your continued use of Our Platform and Services following the posting of changes to these terms will mean You accept those changes. If We intend to apply the modifications or amendments to this Policy retroactively or to personal information already in Our possession, We will provide You with notice of the modifications or amendments 15 days prior to such modifications or amendments taking effect.
- CONTACTING US
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement or the information practices of the Company’s Web sites should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Address: 68 Willow Road Menlo Park CA 94025 USA.
- GDPR and Privacy Shield (For Our European Creators).
- For the purposes of this GDPR Section, “European Individuals” will mean individuals, who reside or is visiting in Europe.
- For the purposes of this GDPR Section, “Personal Data” will have the meaning ascribed to it in the GDPR.
- If You do not reside in Europe, this Section is not applicable to You unless You give us Personal Data, as defined in the GDPR, of a European resident or European employee for processing including storing.
- You and We both agree to comply with the letter and spirit of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which Went into effect on May 25, 2018.
- At any time, upon Your request, We will discontinue the transport of Your Personal Data to the United States for processing provided We no longer need such information for billing and other operational purposes or legally required to keep such information.
- You acknowledge that, if We discontinue the transport of Your Personal Data to the United States for processing, You will no longer be able to access Our Platform and use Our Services from Europe and perhaps from elsewhere in the world.
- We will use Your Personal Data solely in conjunction with the Services that We are providing to You.
- We will not use Your Personal Data for any purpose not connected to Our provision of Services to You.
- We agree not to disclose Your Personal Data to any third party, who is not helping us in processing Your Personal Data in connection with Our Services.
- We agree to notify You within 72 hours of Us disclosing Your Personal Data without Your authorization to do so to any one not authorized hereunder to receive and use such Personal Data.
- Once You have registered to be a User or use our Service, You may opt out as a User simply by notifying us at email@example.com. If You opt out, We will delete Your Personal Data from Our Platform and You will no longer be able to use Our Service unless You re-register.
- Once You have registered to be a User or otherwise use our Service, You may at any time request Us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide You with a copy of all of Your Personal Data that We have stored in Our Platform/Systems.
- Once You have registered to be a User or otherwise use Our Services, You may request Us at email@example.com to erase all of Your Personal Data that We store in Our Platform/systems. We will do so as soon as possible provided that We are not required to keep part or all of such Personal Data by applicable law or Your contractual obligations with Us including paying the full amount for the Service.
- You acknowledge that, if We have erased Your Personal Data pursuant to Your request, You will no longer be able to access the Platform or use or Services.
- You agree that, before You provide us or the Platform with the Personal Data of a European Individual, You will obtain the consent of such European Individual to disclose such Personal Data to us (the “Consent”).
- You agree that if You give us the Personal Data of one of Your European employees that You have the Consent of such European employees to disclose such Personal Data to Us.
- You agree that You will keep such Consent for three years after the end of the Service in which You used such Personal Data.
- You agree that You will provide us with copies of such consent upon Our request.
- We agree to allow You or Your representative to reasonably audit Our books and records with respect to Our storage and processing of Your Personal Data.
- We will ensure that Our personnel required to access Your Personal Data and that of Your European residents are properly trained in the handling of Personal Data and subject to a binding duty of confidentiality with regard to such Personal Data.
- We will implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard this Personal Data.
- We will protect the Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft, alteration or disclosure. These measures shall be appropriate to the harm which might result from any unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, damage or theft of personal data and appropriate to the nature of the Personal Data, which is to be protected.
- If We provide Personal Data to third parties involved in providing the Service, We will include in Our agreement with them comparable privacy and secrecy provisions.
- If We or You become aware of and confirm any accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or disclosure of, or access to Your Personal Data in the course of providing the Service (a “Security Breach”), We or You will notify the other of the Security Breach within forty-eight hours.
- You and We agree that the transport of Your Personal Data will be in full compliance with (i) the standard contractual clauses promulgated by the European Union, copies of which have been reviewed by each of Us and are available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm, (the “Standard Contractual Clauses”) or (ii) Our EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield certifications once Our filing for such certifications is accepted by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- To the extent there are any inconsistencies between this Agreement, the Standard Contractual Clauses, or the Privacy Shield, the Standard Contractual Clauses or Privacy Shield, as applicable, will prevail.
- Each of Us will immediately notify the other if We believe a violation of this Section or of any of the Standard Contractual Clauses or Privacy Shield, as applicable.
- You and We will each use Our best efforts and cooperate in good faith to cure the violation as soon as possible.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU USE OUR PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICE, YOU HAVE AGREED TO AND ACCEPTED THE PROVISIONS IN THIS POLICY AND IN OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY OR THE TERMS OF SERVICE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES.